If you guys are getting coupon expired or course is not free after opening the link, then it is due to the fact that course instructors provide only few hundreds or thousands of slots which get exhausted. So, try to enroll in the course as soon as it is posted in the channel. The Coupons may expire any time for instant notification follow telegram channel
An Introduction to Unity’s UNET API
What you’ll learn
Create multiplayer games and connect Unity created applications over a network.
Understand the different roles played by servers and clients in a network.
Be able to use remote procedure calls to synchronise player-character states in a networked game.
In this course, Penny will take you from the very basics of creating a simple client/server game environment using Unity’s UNET system right through to creating and managing a lobby system. The topics covered are the ones that most frequently appear on the forums and that many people struggle in understanding. The course is practical with many step-by-step exercises. Students of this course will learn about the UNET Network Manager and how to use message sending to synchronise rigid body movement and animation of player characters. Overriding the Network Manager will also be covered to allow developers to create customised network functionality such as changing player characters while playing, shooting projectiles and managing player characteristics such as health.
Topics covered include:
- network configurations
- IP addresses
- remote procedure calls
- syncing rigidbody movement
- syncing animation states
- playing with different player-characters
- changing player-characters while connected
- setting up the Unity Lobby asset
- syncing variable values across scenes
- setting up Unity Match Making services
Developed in Unity 5, this course remains relevant for versions 2017 and up to 2018.2 with Unity’s Networking API. Note that although the API is now discontinued in Unity 2020, Penny has provided you with project starter files that allow you to work with the HLAPI in 2020.
What past students of this course are achieving:
- the development of an online educational multiuser 3d virtual environment
- the use of mobile devices in place of game controllers
- MMO game development
What past students are saying about this course:
- This course is awesome. Penny explains in a pleasant calm and clear manner. The course has a steady increase in difficulty. I loved the way some topics are explained with graphics / animations.
- I love Penny’s courses. This one gave all the knowledge I need and more when it comes to Networking in Unity.
- Penny (as always) covers all things necessary for the current section. She leaves no questions to be asked and every course from my understanding is executed without confusion being left in its aftermath. If you do however have a question it is most likely from my experience covered with in another section of the course later on. thank you penny!! you rock!!!
Who this course is for:
- Someone familiar with Unity and C# who would like to learn about networking and creating multiplayer games.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.udemy.com/course/unet_intro/?ranMID=39197&ranEAID=*7W41uFlkSs&ranSiteID=.7W41uFlkSs-rGOYIZpUm6RCUEdrw2a1rQ&LSNPUBID=*7W41uFlkSs&utm_source=aff-campaign&utm_medium=udemyads&couponCode=BF_NETWORK-FOR-FREE” ]