Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP)
What you’ll learn
Recognize activities that are part of the Lean methodology
Match Lean principles to their descriptions
Recognize key characteristics of the Six Sigma methodology
Recognize quality management practices that result in continuous improvement
Recognize characteristics of a Kanban-pull system
Identify key principles of the ISO 9000 quality standard
Recognize characteristics of CMMI®
Identify examples of BSI standards
Recognize the purpose of the IEEE quality standards
The Quality Methodologies and Standards for Projects (PMI – PMP) is course 16 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP).
Consistently providing high-quality products and services requires use of continuous process improvement initiatives and adherence to applicable industry standards. This course explains some of the most popular quality methodologies and standards that project management professionals use today.
We’ll look at lean and six sigma, as well as some of the specific lean tools that are used for quality management and continuous improvement. We’ll also look at four different classes of quality standards, including the ISO standard.
1. Using Lean for Quality Improvement
2. Lean Principles
3. Six Sigma for Process and Quality Improvement
4. Quality Management Practices
5. Kanban and Continuous Improvement
6. Value Stream Mapping
7. ISO 9000 Quality Principles
9. The British Standards Institution
11. Exercise: Continuous Improvement and Standards
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.